- Online Services Pay Fines, Case Lookup...
- Forms & FeesForms, Fee Schedule...
- Self-Help Get Help, Info, FAQs...
- Divisions Civil, Criminal, Family...
- General Info Local Rules, ADA, Maps...
- Administration Information
- Children's Waiting Rooms
- Community Outreach
- Contact Us
- Court Technology
- Courthouse Directions
- Guidelines-Professional Conduct
- Holiday Schedule
- Human Resources/Employment
- Judicial Assignments
- Local Rules
- Mint Cafe
- News & Media
- Presiding Judge Master Calendar
- Temporary Judge Program
Home » ACCESS Center
Legal Self-Help at the San Francisco Superior Court
Self-help services for family law matters and certain civil cases are available for self-represented Court customers who seek legal information and resources.
Location and Hours
400 McAllister St., Room 509
San Francisco, CA 94102-4514
Information Line: (415) 551-5880
|8:30 a.m. to 12 p.m.||Open for Walk-in Services||Open for Walk-in Services||Pre-scheduled Workshops and Appointments Only||Open for Walk-in Services||Pre-scheduled Workshops and Appointments Only|
|12 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.||CLOSED||CLOSED||CLOSED||CLOSED||CLOSED|
|1:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.||Open for Walk-in Services||Open for Walk-in Services||Pre-scheduled Workshops and Appointments Only||Open for Walk-in Services||Pre-scheduled Workshops and Appointments Only|
*It is important for you to arrive at least 45 mins. prior to closing. Court staff is unable to provide advice or strategize with you concerning your case. Our services are free of charge and are neutral (offered to both sides in a case).
- Give you information in many languages and explain your legal options.
- Give you tools to represent yourself in Court.
- Show you how to fill out the legal forms, follow court procedures, find resources or a lawyer.
- Help with criminal cases, immigration, bankruptcy, civil appeals, discovery, and certain civil cases.
- Act as your lawyer (there is no attorney-client relationship).
- Go with you to Court, or speak to a Judge for you.
- If you have an attorney, the ACCESS Center cannot help you.
You do not have to pay anything to use the ACCESS Center. But you may need to pay for copies and Court filing fees. If you are low-income, you may be able to file for free.
- Dissolution of Marriage/Domestic Partnership
- Legal Separation
- Annulment/Nullity of Marriage
- Establish Paternity/Parental Relationship
- Child Support and Spousal Support
- Child Custody and Visitation Financial Disclosures
- Domestic Violence Restraining Orders
- Step-Parent Adoptions
Civil (Non-Family) Law
- Small Claims
- Civil Harassment Restraining Orders
- Name Changes
- Gender Changes
- Evictions (Certain Residential)
- Guardianship of the Person
- Conservatorship of the Person
- Free Confidential Mediation (Certain case types)