Record Type

How to Access

Civil Records
Civil Harassment
Civil Petitions
Child Support
Domestic Violence
Family Law
Name/Gender change
Small Claims
Unlawful Detainer

In Person: Review instructions and submit a completed Civil Records Request Form.  Public Viewing Room (Currently Open) --Onsite, online Civil Records viewing may be requested on a first-come, first-served basis.

Mail-In: Follow instructions for mail requests as indicated on the Civil Records Request Form (See Above). 

Online: Some Civil cases are available online. Please visit Online Services to access case information. Computers are made available for public use in Room 103, CCC. Please note that files may only be viewed on the premises.

For more detailed information please visit our website.

Court Reporter Transcripts Information about transcript requests is available here.
Criminal Records

Records Requests

In Person: Review instructions and submit a completed Criminal Records Request Form to Window #7 or #8 in Room 101 at the Hall of Justice. 

Mail-In: Follow instructions for mail requests here. 

Online: Criminal records are NOT available online.

 Public Viewing of Records

A Public Viewing Room is available in Room 101, Hall of Justice, 850 Bryant St., 

If submitting a Record Request for Viewing via mail or fax, indicate "View Only" and a clerk will contact you when the file is ready to be viewed.

If you request a file and that file is onsite, you may view the file if space is available in the viewing room that day or make an appointment to view later that day or at a later date.

Viewing is available from 8:30am-12:30pm without an appointment on a first-come, first-serve basis. You may want to arrive early to allow yourself plenty of time to view the docket(s). Viewing is to be completed by 12:30pm.

Viewing appointments may be scheduled for the afternoons from 1:00pm-3:00pm. To schedule a viewing appointment please contact 415-551-0651.

Due to the ongoing pandemic emergency, hours of operation are subject to change. Please check our website for any updates regarding office closures or reduced business hours. 

Judicial Administrative Records

Submit all requests here

*This is for judicial administrative records only pursuant to CRC 10.500, do not use this form for case records

Juvenile Records
Juvenile Delinquency

For record request information, visit Juvenile Deliquency.

Probate Records

Only parties to a case may view case files. Non-parties require advanced approval to view confidential documents from the Probate Department, Room 202, Civic Center Courthouse, 400 McAllister St., or call (415) 551-3650.

Traffic Records

The court does NOT maintain traffic driving records. Contact the DMV for any information. For current or delinquent citations, or court citations, call (415) 551-8550 or visit in person Room 145, Hall of Justice, 850 Bryant St.

Unified Family Court Records
Juvenile Dependency

Juvenile Dependency request for information is available here. For Adoption requests, review the Adoption Instructions, then bring the completed Adoption Records Form to Room 402, Civic Center Courthouse, 400 McAllister St.  All other family records are available in Room 103, Civic Center Courthouse. 

Vital Records
Birth / Death / Marriage

Vital records are not maintained by the Court. For all requests, please contact the San Francisco County Clerk at (415) 554-4950 or online at