Dissolution of Marriage/Domestic Partnership


A divorce (also called "dissolution of marriage" or "dissolution of domestic partnership") ends your marriage or domestic partnership.  After you get divorced, you will be single, and you can marry or become a domestic partner again. If you get divorced, you can ask the Judge for orders such as child support, spousal support, partner support, custody and visitation, domestic violence restraining orders, division of property, and other orders.

A filing fee will be charged to file a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage/Domestic Partnership.  To find the current fee, please see our fee schedule.  If you cannot afford the filing fee, you may complete an Application for Waiver of Fees.

Frequently asked questions