- The Beat Within – Incarcerated Youth Speak Out
- The People’s Legal Center Access to Legal Education and Resources
Urban Services YMCA is the social services arm of the YMCA of SF, which provides Truancy Intervention Services, Mental Health Counseling and Family Support Services.
Juvenile Justice COmmission
In each county there shall be a juvenile justice commission consisting of not less than seven and no more than 15 citizens. Two or more of the members shall be persons who are between 14 and 21 years of age, provided there are available persons between 14 and 21 years of age who are able to carry out the duties of a commission member in a manner satisfactory to the appointing authority.
- Purpose of Commission
The Commission's purpose is to:
- Ensure that facilities used for the confinement of a minor for more than twenty-four (24) hours conform to all applicable laws that govern such operations;
- Ensure that minors under the jurisdiction of the Juvenile Court receive care, treatment and guidance consistent with their best interest;
- Act in conformity with a comprehensive set of goals and objectives determined by the Commission to improve system performances; and
- Monitor compliance with established standards to ensure the health, education and welfare of minors under the jurisdiction of the Juvenile Court.
(City and County of San Francisco Juvenile Justice Commission Bylaws, Article 1, Section 1.2)
- Public Meetings
Regular Commission meetings are held on the third Tuesday of each month from 5:30-7 p.m., unless otherwise designated by the Commission, and are open to the public. For more information about public meetings, or for advance copies of meeting agendas, please contact:
Yvette King at (415) 628-5101.
- 2018 Juvenile Justice Membership
- Yvette King, JJC Executive Staff/Court Supervisor
- COMMISSIONER Jessie Peterson, Chair
- COMMISSIONER Joshua Nielsen-Baltodano, Vice Chair
- COMMISSIONER Michael Stewart, Treasurer
- COMMISSIONER Marjorie Delgadillo, Secretary
- COMMISSIONER Danny Smith, At-Large Member
- COMMISSIONER Walter Turner, At-Large Member
- COMMISSIONER Angel Carrion
- COMMISSIONER Daniel Maggioncalda