May. 2, 2016

Gender Changes

If you are transgendered and want to change your name and/or the gender marker on your legal documents, you can get a court order making these changes. You must reside in San Francisco to file in this County. 

In order to ask the Court for a gender change, you have to give the Court an affidavit from your physician documenting the sex change. You must have undergone gender reassignment surgery in order to ask for a gender change order.

The ACCESS Center can show you how to fill out the forms and make sure the affidavit from your doctor is complete. You also can get help from the Transgender Law Center in San Francisco at (415) 865-0176 or by email.


California Courts Forms

© 2016 Superior Court of California - County of San Francisco